Mill Race Park is located on the north side of Commerce Road across from Byers Homestead Park. Mill Race Park is a State Registered Historical Site, formerly occupied by the Commerce Roller Mill. The property was in the original platted village in 1825. The Commerce Roller Mill was built in 1837 and operated for 90 years, serving the farming communities within the area. Processing flour and ground feed for livestock, the mill served as the center of commercial activity in the Township for many years. The site was purchased by the Township for recreational purposes in 1984.
Used primarily as a passive open space area and interpretive site, with a picnic table and an internal trail network with two bridges crossing the Huron River headwaters. Parking exists behind the Mill Race Shopping Center, on Carroll Lake Road as well as informal parking along Commerce Road.