Commerce Township Clerk's DepartmentMelissa Creech, Commerce Township Clerk | Phone: 248-960-7020 | Email: email@example.com
Want to know if you are registered to vote or if your registration reflects your current address? You can check your registration, find your poling place, see your sample ballot, and more BY CLICKING HERE
Be prepared when you go to the polls on Election Day, CLICK HERE for voting instructions.
CLICK HERE for videos on the election process for voters and precinct workers.
Absent Voter FAQ’s
- Everyone gets 1 vote/ballot. Period. It’s tracked in the computer: 1 registered voter = 1 ballot.
- Deceased people do not vote.
- Only registered voters are issued absent voter ballots.
- Every returned ballot must be signed by the voter and that signature is verified against their voter registration record.
- Every verified ballot is counted. It’s not early voting, no counting or tabulating begins until election day. It’s an ongoing process all day on election day.
- It’s false that absentee voter ballots are counted only if the election is “close”. How would the clerk’s office know what the preponderance of votes were for any candidate when those ballots are securely tabulated in the precinct? We don’t. No one does until those results are securely sent to Oakland County.
- As an absent voter application moves through the process, every step is entered into, and tracked by, the computer. Same goes for every absent voter ballot issued. In fact, you are able to track your application and ballot through the system at mi.gov/vote.
- The number of ballots processed and counted by the absent voter counting board, composed of an equal number of Republican and Democratic election inspectors who work in opposite party pairs all day, must equal the number of ballots received by the Clerk’s office. There are checks and balances in both the computer and the personnel utilized to tabulate the ballots.
- Curious about the process? Need your urgent election questions answered? Become an election inspector and be a part of our American democratic process. Contact the Clerk’s office for details at 248-960-7020.
Where do we register to vote? You may register to vote during regular office hours or at any Secretary of State Branch office.
To register to vote via mail, CLICK HERE. Print and complete the Application for Voter Registration then return by mail to:
Charter Township of Commerce, Attn: Clerks Department,
2009 Township Drive Commerce Township, MI 48390.
Commerce Township Districts are as follows: Congressional: 11th District, State Senate: 15th District, State Rep: 39th District, School District: Either Walled Lake or Huron Valley, County Commissioner: District 7
Village of Wolverine Lake Filing Requirements/Forms
Filing information and forms available at the Clerk’s Office.
Precinct Locations in Commerce Township
Commerce Township Map of Voting Precincts
Click on a precinct to view a map of its location.
Pct 1 Commerce Elementary. 520 Farr Street Commerce, MI 48382
Pct 2 Wolverine Lake Village, 425 Glengary, Commerce, MI 48390
Pct 3 Crossroads Presbyterian Church, 1445 Welch, Commerce, MI 48390
Pct 4 Union Lake Baptist Church, 8390 Commerce Road, Commerce, MI 48382
Pct 5 Oakley Park Elementary, 2015 Oakley Park Road, Commerce, MI 48390
Pct 6 C H Smart Middle School, 8500 Commerce Road, Commerce, MI 48382
Pct 7 Country Oaks Elementary, 5070 S. Duck Lake Road, Commerce, MI 48382
Pct 8 Oak Valley Middle School, 4200 White Oak Trail, Commerce, MI 48382
Pct 9 W L Northern High School, 6000 Bogie Lake Road, Commerce, MI 48382
Pct 10 Glengary Elementary School, 3070 Woodbury, Commerce, MI 48390
Pct 11 Walled Lake Elementary School, 1055 West Maple Road, Commerce, MI 48390
Pct 12 Fire Station # 4, 2401 Glengary Road, Commerce, MI 48382
Pct 13 Richardson Community Center, 1485 Oakley Park, Commerce, MI 48390
Pct 14 Commerce Meadows, 2400 Meadows Circle, Wixom, MI 48393
Pct 15 United Methodist Church, 1155 N. Commerce Road, Commerce, MI 48382
The conduct of all federal, state, county, city, township, village and school elections will be restricted to four dates each year: the fourth Tuesday in February, and the first Tuesday after the first Monday in May, August and November.
Tuesday, November 8, 2022 General Election
CLICK HERE for August 2, 2022 Primary Election Results
CLICK HERE for November 8, 2022 General Election Results
Click here for past Oakland County Election Results (including Commerce Township results).
Absent voter ballots are available for all voters in every election. Applications for absentee ballot are available at the State of Michigan website HERE or visit Michigan.gov/vote. An application must be submitted for every election cycle.
Registered voters can request to be on our permanent absentee voter list which means we will send you an application for each future election. After you return the completed application, you will then receive a ballot as soon as they are available. If this interests you, please contact the Clerk’s Office at 248-960-7020 or click here to sign up online.
Please be aware that if you are on extended leave from Commerce Township, your application cannot be forwarded. Instead you should contact the Clerk’s office or obtain an application online HERE or visit Michigan.gov/vote. Complete the application and mail or deliver it to the Township Clerk’s office.
When filling out the application, make sure to indicate if you wish your ballot to be sent to an address other than your registered voting address here in Commerce.
Absentee Ballot applications submitted in person at the Clerk’s office, by the applicant, can be processed immediately up to 4:00 PM the day before an election.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Commerce Township Clerk’s Department -at 248-960-7020 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Precinct Inspectors are people who are paid to assist voters at the polls on Election Day. You must be a registered voter in the State of Michigan to work as an election inspector. If you are interested in serving as an election inspector please submit an election inspector application to your local Clerk’s Office. Under certain circumstances 16 and 17 year old students may also participate in the election process. Contact the Clerk’s Department for any further information at (248) 960-7020. Click Here for an Election Inspector Application
State Senate District Map – 2022
State House District Map – 2022
Oakland County Commission District Map – 2022
Commerce Township is wholly contained in the 11th US Congressional District.