Commerce Township Fire DepartmentMain Phone Number: 248-560-0051
Commerce Fire Department will no longer charge for or issue burn permits for recreational fires.
What that means to Commerce and Wolverine citizens.
A small recreational fire is legal without a permit under the following conditions;
- Burning of fire wood only
- Size of fire can be no greater than 3 feet in diameter and 2 feet high
- Fire can at no time create a fire hazard
- No flammable liquids can be used
- Fire must be constantly attended with a means of extinguishing readily available
- Fires that are in a container meant for the purpose of having a fire can be no closer than 15 feet from a structure
- Uncontained campfires can be no closer than 25 feet from a structure
Rubbish and yard waste is illegal to burn and should be bagged up and recycled at the curbside.