Commerce Township Treasurer's DepartmentMolly B. Phillips, Commerce Township Treasurer | Phone: 248-960-7040 | Email: email@example.com
Dog License Information
Michigan State Law requires that all dogs over (4) four months old be licensed.
As a convenience to our residents, Oakland County Dog licenses are available
for purchase at the Commerce Township Treasurer’s Office.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ONLY ACCEPT CASH OR CHECK FOR PAYMENT.
You will need to bring the following to the Treasurer’s office:
- Proof of current rabies vaccination,
- Proof of neutering, (if not indicated on rabies form),
each year when purchasing your dog’s license. Licenses are available December 15th* through June 1st of the license year.
*this is an estimated date of when they will be available. Please call the Treasurer’s Dept. first at 248-960-7040 to make sure they are available.
On June 2nd, the fee increases to $33.00 per license.
The exceptions to the rule are as follows:
- New Resident – (30) thirty days from move in date to get licenses.
- New Dog – within (30) thirty days
- Puppy (4) four months of age – within (30) thirty days.
We are now issuing Oakland County Dog Licenses through an online computer program.
The 3-part form that was being sent out each year is now a postcard. The new computer
system makes your dog’s license information immediately available countywide, in case
your dog is lost.
Dog License Fees:
- Current 1 year license is $10.50 for spayed/neutered. 3 year is $28.50
- Current 1 year for non-spayed/neutered is $18.00. 3 year is $51.00
- Current 1 year for senior citizen spayed neutered is $9.75. 3 year is 26.25
- Current 1 year for senior non-spayed/neutered is $16.50. 3 year is $46.50
- Delinquent dog licenses (paid after June 1) are now $33.00 for 1 year.
To purchase dog licenses by mail
Send all information with a check made payable to Commerce Township, to the Treasurer’s
Office along with a self-addressed stamped envelope. We will send you your license and
return all your paperwork to you.
Lost dog tags
Bring in your copy of the license application form that was given to you when we issued the
dog tag, and we will issue another one free of charge. If you do not have your copy of the
license application, the fee for replacing the lost tag is $1.50.