Commerce Township Treasurer's DepartmentMolly B. Phillips, Commerce Township Treasurer | Phone: 248-960-7040 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer property tax season is almost here. Here are a few pieces of information you may find helpful.
- Commerce Township no longer has a lockbox address, so all payments not made on-line or in person should be mailed to:
Commerce Township Treasurer
2009 Township Drive
Commerce Township, MI 48390-1666
- If you use your financial institution’s bill-pay option, please verify the correct address (shown above) and understand that the bank does not guarantee we receive the check on or before the due date you specify. They say it will be sent by that date. Since Commerce Township does not accept postmark as a receipt date, please time your web-based banking payments accordingly.
- For your convenience you can pay your tax bill on line through the link on this website. Payments by credit card have an additional fee of 3% added to the total. You may alternatively select an e-check option from the payment method drop-down menu. E-checks are a flat fee of $3 for any amount up to $10,000. The fee goes to $10 for amounts over $10,000.
- Since September 14 falls on a Saturday, payments received in the Township offices on Monday, September 16, 2019 will be considered to be on time.
- If you have trouble making it to Township Hall to make payments in person during business hours, there is a drop-box located on the east side of Township Hall. Please do not leave cash in the drop-box, checks only.
- Township Hall office hours are Monday through Thursday, 7:15 am to 5:30 pm. The Township offices are closed on Fridays.
- Duties & Responsibilities of the Commerce Township Treasurer
- Collection and distribution of property taxes
- Administration of tax bills
- Investment of Township funds
- Reconciliation of all township bank accounts
- Management of payroll and employee benefits department
- Administration of employee pension systems
- Administration of Retiree Health Care Board
- Administration of Defined Contribution Retirement System
- Billing and collection of special assessments
- Collection of dog license fees for Oakland County Animal Control
Property Tax Collection & Distribution
The Township Treasurer collects and distributes your property tax bill for the following entities:
- County of Oakland
- Lake Improvement Boards
- Oakland Community College
- Oakland County Water Resources Commissioner (Drain Office)
- Oakland Schools
- School Districts of Walled Lake and Huron Valley
- State of Michigan
- Commerce Township General Fund, Police, Open Space, Library, Police & Fire Millages and Special Assessments