Commerce Township Clerk's DepartmentMelissa Creech, Commerce Township Clerk | Phone: 248-960-7020 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Clerk’s duties and responsibilities center on statutorily assigned functions, most of which are administrative. Many of the Clerk’s duties are carefully detailed by state law. The Clerk is a member of the Township Board of Trustees, thus votes on the questions of budget, personnel appointments, contracts, agreements and all other matters that come before the Township Board.
The Clerk’s office has frequent daily contact with Township residents. Request for all types of information – from meeting places and dates to absentee ballot and employment inquiries – come to the Clerk’s Office, in person, by telephone, letter, fax and e-mail. The Clerk’s Department is the information center of the Township.
- Maintains custody of all Township records
- Records and maintains township meeting minutes
- Keeps the township book of oaths
- Responsible for special meeting notices
- Keeps township ordinance books
- Maintains general ledger
- Prepares warrants
- Prepares financial statements
- Delivers tax certificates to supervisor prior to September 30th
- Maintains voter registration files and conducts elections
- Must appoint a deputy
- Maintains Cemetery Records
- Issues Permits and Licenses
- Freedom of Information Officer
- Maintains Ordinances
- Purchasing Coordinator
- Publishes and posts all Public Notices
- Refuse/Yard Waste/Recycling Collection Information Distribution
- NewResident Information Center
The Clerk’s Department promotes and encourages active participation in the community with a focus on accessible government. Please contact the Clerk’s Department for assistance or information at (248) 960-7020.