The Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC), in partnership with White Lake Township and Commerce Township, expects to begin the construction of a mini roundabout at the Carroll Lake Road and Cooley Lake Road intersection, on July 15 (July 12 date was changed by contractor) .
Construction is expected to be completed by Sept. 6.
The approximately $750,000 project will be funded by RCOC. The prime contractor for this project is Commerce Construction & Landscaping Inc.
The project includes:
• Construct a mini roundabout at the intersection (smaller and simpler than a traditional roundabout — see the compact/mini roundabouts page on the RCOC website: https://www.rcocweb.org/519/Compact-Roundabouts)
• Reconstruct and pave Carroll Lake Road and Cooley Lake Road approaches to the intersection
• Reconstruct driveway aprons within the project limits
• Minor storm-sewer improvements
During construction, the intersection will be closed to all traffic. The detour routes for this project are:
1. Union Lake Road to Wise Road to Bogie Lake Road, back to Cooley Lake Road and vice versa.
2. Oxbow Lake Road to Cedar Island Road to Round Lake Road, back to Cooley Lake Road and vice versa.
For more information on the Carroll Lake Road and Cooley Lake Road intersection improvement project, visit: