slideshow 1 slideshow 2 slideshow 3 slideshow 4 slideshow 5 slideshow 6

Commerce Township Office Closed in Observance of Memorial Day, Monday, May 29, 2017

The Commerce Township Office and Richardson Senior Center is closed in observance of Memorial Day on Monday, May 29, 2017. The Commerce Library will be closed on Sunday, May 28 and Monday, May 29.

Garbage Collection delayed - Memorial Day

For the week of May 29th your garbage will be delayed one day due to the Memorial Day holiday on Monday, May 29, 2017.

Summer 2017 Senior Newsletter

The Summer 2017 Senior Newsletter, The Richardson Review, is now available. CLICK HERE to view it.

Concert in the Park

The Commerce Township Parks and Recreation Department Presents...

Three summer concert events for the whole family - music, face painting, local food vendors, and more!!!

It's more than a Concert - A true family event!


June 23 - Groove Therapy
July 21 - Big Ray and the Motor City Kings
August 18 - Steve King and the Dittilies 


 Dodge Park V South is located at 4380 S. Commerce Road

M5 Construction

MDOT has reported that the construction scheduled for M-5 will start on April 22 and is planned to be completed by June 19, 2017. The construction will include the closure of the southbound lanes first for around 3 ½ weeks and then the northbound lanes for 2 ½ weeks. The repair work will be for M-5 from the freeway all the way to Pontiac Trail. The entire roadway will be closed though for these dates (south bound first and then northbound). The cross bound traffic for E West Maple and 14 Mile Rd will be open, one lane each way. The construction company doing the work does plan on working the Memorial Day weekend also.

There will be large signs placed on the shoulder prior to this work advising motorists of the upcoming closures. MDOT does not plan on placing any detour signs. Work will be done 7 days a week with limited nighttime construction.

There is a public hearing scheduled by MDOT for April 10, 2017 at the City of Novi (45175 Ten Mile Rd) between the hours of 5PM-7PM.

MDOT does not have this information on their website at this time.

Commerce Township’s Position Regarding Changes in the Medical Marihuana Laws

Commerce Township is aware of the three Public Acts signed into law in September 2016 which address medical marihuana, particularly the Medical Marihuana Facilities Licensing Act. The Licensing Act permits the State to issue licenses for businesses associated with medical marihuana, but such licenses cannot be issued until December 2017 and only if the Township specifically passes an ordinance permitting such licenses. The Township currently does not have such an ordinance. 

The Commerce Township Board of Trustees, in consultation with the Township attorneys, will be deciding what, if any, actions it will take in response to the new laws. In the meantime, the Township will continue to follow federal, state and local laws pertaining to marihuana.

Follow Us on Twitter!

Twitter LogoYou can now follow Commerce Township on Twitter! Follow us to get notified of special meetings, meeting cancelations, website postings, and more! Find us at @CommerceTwp

Detroit Water Consumer Information

DWSD.orgThe Detroit Water and Sewerage Department (DWSD) had developed a set of videos to help suburban customers throughout the service area better understand their water bills and the costs associated with providing this vital service. Topics explored include the real cost for a gallon of municipal water, how to reduce your water bill and why rates keep going up. Please visit their YouTube channel to watch!